Translate

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

And we're back...

So we abandoned you. Whoops...

Hannah and I are REALLY really really really REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY sorry about leaving you without your daily does of divabetic for over a year. We got busy, and sick, and became sophomores, and got boyfriends, and broke up with said boyfriends (more on that drama later, because let's face it, there is NOTHING better than a great break up story) and took lots of final exams and passed French class, and are now juniors! Yay for us!

Hannah and I saw each other for the first time since July 2010 last week. And this is what that looks like:


Hannah is the one where you can actually see her face. I'm the one where my sensor is falling off (which, by the way, it totally did fall off). Our friend Katelyn is in the background, and I think she looks great, even though she thinks that she "is a train wreck in it."

I really need to apologize a bunch more, but I'd rather plug FFL like a pro first. For those of you who don't know what CWD or FFL is, let me explain. Children with Diabetes is a giant diabetes love-fest. Everyone there either has diabetes, is a sibling of someone who has diabetes, is a parent of someone who has diabetes, is a CDE (certified diabetes educator) or an RN or someone who works with diabetes on a regular basis. Or they can be a combination of any or all of the above. There are conferences held all over the country (and the world) and people make it out from everywhere to be at these things. There are conferences in Philadelphia, Seattle, Vancouver BC, Toronto, Cincinnati, and other cities all over the globe. But there's this end all, be all conference. It's in Orlando every year, and it's the BEST WEEK OF THE ENTIRE YEAR. And it's called FFL, which is short for Friends For Life. And here, you really do make friends for life. Case and point, Miss Hannah and I are planning on being best friends forever. And then there's Katelyn, and Hunter, and Jess, and Mary Claire, and Delaney, and Michela, and Sara and everyone else. We all just...get it. I don't really know how to explain it if you don't have diabetes, but it's there. Everyone else just knows. There's really nothing else to say, I guess. Usually I can vocalize how I feel, but CWD really puts me at a loss for words. These are some of the adventures we go on:

 (Me, with Hunter, Sara, and Jess)


(The Divabetics in their shirts! These were a huge hit)

I also met some great people. I met the amazing Bean, her sister Bug, and her mom over at www.mysweetbeanandherpod.com and those kids are the most adorable kids in the entire world :) I hung out with Kelly Kunik over at diabetesaliciousness.blogspot.com and got to talk to Natalie Bellini and Jill Benchell, two of the most amazing women in the entire world. 

If you'd like more information on Children with Diabetes, contact us via our blog, or go to www.childrenwithdiabetes.com and explore the site. 

Well, we're back! 

Much love, 
Alexa :)



1 comment:

  1. Glad that you all ha such a good time. I get it. It is the same with us adults with CML.

    ReplyDelete