Translate

Monday, July 16, 2012

"Oh Gravity, thou art a heartless bitch." - Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Good evening, Citizens of the World!

So, in order to add some context to this, I might want to mention that I freaking love The Big Bang Theory. It's probably the best show out there. And I'm watching it right now, and Sheldon is just hilarious. And when Leonard dropped a couch on Sheldon's fingers, and he said "Oh Gravity, thou art a heartless bitch" I thought about my insulin pump. And when your insulin pump falls, or gets caught on something, all you want to do is scream.

As if today wasn't an enough of an annoying morning (the oxycodone made me nauseous, so I spend a good chunk of my morning praying to the porcelain gods), my pump fell off my pants today, and OH MY GOD I WANTED TO SCREAM. I hate when it falls off, period, but today it hurt especially! I'm pretty sure that the universe is conspiring against me to give me one giant smack in the face.

Anyways, I was walking into the kitchen to have some yogurt, and I had a space cadet moment, and was definitely going to eat yogurt with a fork. That's not exactly a good plan, or a clean one. So I went to get my own spoon. Mom offered to get it for me, but I'm stubborn and determined to be independent despite the fact that I need surgery to make my leg work again.

I should've let Mom get me the spoon.

There are very few things that put me in a lot of pain. I have a very high pain tolerance. The two things that I just can't stand are my left leg at the moment, and unexpectedly pulling a pump site. That's probably the most infuriating thing about diabetes. Okay, maybe not the most infuriating, but it's up there.

Today's post is a little short because I'm VERY tired and low, and hungry. I'm hungry too. So, off to the refrigerator!

Much love,
Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment