Translate

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm Back, Baby!

Hello, World!

First, I want to apologize for not being on this thing since forever! Life, diabetes, boys, and school got in the way and finally I'm back in business. (Much thanks to the lovely Miss Alexa for blogging up a storm in my absence.) Since I've been gone I grew 1/4'' (5'3...finally!) had a few knee surgeries, passed 10th grade, and finally got my permit (test your blood sugar before you get in the car, kids).

I was thinking about what I wanted to talk about for my first post back. I've had a few interesting stories since I've been here. But when I think about all of the best stories, they come from FFL this year. This was my first time going back since 2010, due to an ACL tear literally the week before. I'm still partially torn, but I was back to frolicking around the World Marriott with some old and new friends this year.

The Friends for Life conference is literally the ONLY week where diabetes is cool. Almost all of my friends from FFL have diabetes, so it's nice to be able to share complaints about highs and lows, rather than ranting to your non-diabetic friends who still think you can't eat a brownie. And even those friends that don't have it, still get it because they're connected to someone who has it. It's almost weird, going from a world where I'm the only diabetic around to this conference filled with thousands of people who either have, or know someone who has diabetes.

Okay, getting off the soapbox for now about how absolutely fantastic the Friends For Life conference is. More soon!

Hugs,

Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to years to come where Bean is among the majority at FFL! :)

    ReplyDelete