Translate

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

RE:Re: It's not that bad...

And then there's the whole "My grandmother has diabetes...." "What type?" "Uhhhh she takes a pill." "Type 2?" "Yeah, she can't eat sugar. Don't you hae that kind?" "No, I'm type 1, I'm insulin dependent." *blank stare* "My Pancreas doesn't work, so I do all the dirty work." "Ohh okay."

 I can not tell you how many times I have that conversation. I think after 12 years, I feel like I'm on a never ending rollercoaster. I honestly love rollercoasters, so that may be a bad analogy, but it's true. You have the highs and lows, but you never know what's coming next. Okay, better analogy. "Life's a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get." I think that explains it better. Can you tell my bloodsugar is high? I can't make a decision.

And Alexa, I believe outside of music preference, there isn't much we disagree on.(: I think we agree on the fact that without diabetes, we wouldn't be friends. Honestly, there would be no Children with Diabetes conferences. Which would never make it possible for us, two girls, who happen to live on complete opposite sides of the country, to be best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment