Translate

Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Butterflies

So we've talked a lot about stress in the last few weeks. There's a lot of stress in a fourteen-year-old girl's life. There's school, and social pressures. Then, there are all those media adds about what "pretty" is on a girl. When you add parents, friends, and guys into the mix, you might as well just have started the Manhattan Project all over again.

There's this great kind of stress though. They're called the butterflies. The butterflies let you know you've got human emotions, and you're also capable of handling good stress. You all know what I'm talking about, the fluttering in your stomach, the knocking knees, the accelerated heartbeat, and the occasional sweaty palms. 

The butterflies, for some reason, make my blood sugar go back to perfect. If I have them for an extended period of time, my blood sugar stays nice and level for a good couple hours. It's really nice. 

A lot of people who get the butterflies say that the adrenaline makes their blood sugar go super high. And sometimes, mine goes high too. When the adrenaline starts running for things like finals week, or sports games, then the bg's go way way up.

But that's just me. There might be some people who it just doesn't ever work in their favor. I feel like I'm one of the lucky ones. 

Much love,
Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment