Translate

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kiss Me, I'm Diabetic!

Okay, so I know you're supposed to say "kiss me, I'm Irish" but I'm not. I'm diabetic. And the point of this post is not because I want to be kissed (I mean, I do. But that's not what I'm posting about). No, the point of this post is about mood swings and blood sugars.

So class, raise your hands if you get emotional when you have a low or a high. When my blood sugar dips below 60, I want to start crying. There's no reason at all, I get that prickly feeling in my eyes, and that tight feeling in my throat. I don't usually start crying, but there are times when I'm like "I cannot get food in my body fast enough. I want to collapse right here, right now." And that's about when the tears start rolling.

Now class, does anyone laugh uncontrollably if there's a low blood sugar? Haha yeah. I do that. I seem to recall one math class last year when I was positively insane with laughter (Allie and Grace, you remember?) just because my blood sugar was like, 49 or something like that. Actually, looking back, that was pretty funny :)

Final question, my lovely readers. When you have a low, or a high, do you get super irritable? When I've got either a low or high, I'll get irritable. Really irritable. Like, I snap at my mom, or I'll lose my brain for a second there and say something super sarcastic that I'd never say if I was in my right mind.

But, back to the "Kiss me, I'm diabetic!"

I know myself. I know a lot of my diabetic friends would say the same thing. "I'm not usually like this. I'm usually really sweet." And it's true. Generally, diabetic people are sweet, sometimes we're even sweeter than the non-diabetic people out there. We're so sweet, we just can't control our insulin :P When your blood sugar is off, nothing is the same. Your body feels different, your brain feels different, it all feels strange. But you know, that's not the normal for any of us.

Besides, who wouldn't want to kiss someone this sweet?

Much love,
Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment