Translate

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Blood Sugars

Okay, so this is a pretty generic post when it comes to diabetes, but my blood sugars, instead of being all over the place, are pretty leveled out. (I'm throwing a little party over here, in my head, to celebrate the amazing occasion)

And you know the funny thing is? I haven't really done much. I mean, I check a little more often and I'm in a better mood than usual, but I'm still eating my favorite foods, and I'm still sitting on my behind posting for all of you guys. It's also spring break, so I'm not at school being a dignified, plaid-skirt wearing teenager and getting into all sorts of shenanigans with my girls (Garnet <3).

But I've got to say, I want these blood sugars to stay good. I mean, who doesn't want to feel this amazing all the time. I haven't had anything above 199, and nothing below 78. And that's been going on for three straight days. And these past three days I've enjoyed everything just a little bit more. It may also have something to do with the fact that I'm on vacation, in Eugene Oregon, and I'm having a great time (I'm with one of the members of my diabetes team, Ari, and we're having a blast).

My only problem with Eugene has to be the fact that NO ONE knows what celiac is. I mean, I tried to get some food at the hotel that I'm staying at, and there's NOTHING. The salads all have dressings with soy sauce (something that, surprisingly, is not made out of soy) and croutons, and there's nothing. Absolutely nothing. I mean, we had to order a salad that had the dressing on the side, no croutons, and bleu cheese (for those of you who don't know, I hate bleu cheese with a burning passion).

And back to the whole "no one has a clue" thing. You say; "I have celiac, so you have anything on the menu that's gluten free?"

They look at you like you have three heads.

I mean really? Is it that hard to just say "I'm sorry, I've never heard of celiac, or gluten. Would you explain this to me please?"

But, I am not letting this detract from my amazing weekend, and my amazing blood sugars! This'll get figured out and I'll be happy, and like I said before, it'll be all sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows (that's how this refrain goes).

Much love,
Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment