Translate

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Diabetes

I would be lying if I said diabetes wasn't the most important thing in my life. It's not just a disease, it's a lifestyle for a select group of people. Diabetes has so many highs and lows (pun intended)that sometimes it can drive a person to feel the craziest things. Sometimes, you can't control those feelings and it gets you into sticky situations. Then those situations come back to bite you in the butt.

Those of you who know what I'm talking about, congratulations. My hat goes off to you for being super amazing and dealing with something a person shouldn't deal with. Not everybody has to count carbs, or change sites. Not everybody has to wake up at 3:00 in the morning to poke they're finger(that has no feeling left in it). Most people don't have to apologize for having a high bloodsugar and manipulating someone else's feelings (okay so not every diabetic has to do that but I can name a few).

It's those situations that make a diabetic different than a "normal person". But a normal person can't imagine what it's like to be diabetic. For all those people, consider yourself lucky. I'd give anything to be in your shoes. But that's never going to happen. So for now, I'll say farewell, and apologize if this post seems completely random. It makes sense if you're in my shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment