Translate

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Two Posts and a Set Change

Hi again :)

I know I posted already today, but I just felt like I had to say how infuriated I am with set changes. I changed my infusion set today, after the maximum three days, like every good diabetic does. But of course, there is no prize for being diabetic. Just because you change your site on time, doesn't mean it hurts less. Even when you try and do all the right things, your site still comes out kinked after three days. I know all the diabetics know how frustrating this is, and it happens EVERY time I try to change my site.

But the worst part is, everything all falls apart after the first 24 hours. Something falls out, gets kinked, or breaks in half. A couple weeks ago, I woke up smelling like insulin. And of course, when you wake up smelling like something other than sweat and sleep, you've got a problem. And of course, that problem is a blood sugar of 466 and some keytones.

So, insulin pump companies, can you please make things a little more reliable before you ship them out? Because, you know, we rely on this stuff to KEEP US ALIVE and all. That's a little important, don't you think?

Any thoughts Hannah?

~Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment